It is our pleasure to invite you to participate in International Conference “Global Citizens’ Assembly on SDGs 2021”, 22-25th August 2021 in Tallinn, Estonia
A conference is an international event that includes an international conference, working groups, creative workshops, and study visits, culture program and a variety of other side events for Individuals, government and NGO officials, private sector, finance and industry leaders, academics, researchers, health and teaching professionals, youth and students professionals.
“Global Citizens’ Assembly on SDG will be happening from 22nd till the 25th of August 2021. CONNECT is organized in cooperation with Peace Child International and its Network, Nordic + Baltic SDG Platform, Peace Child Estonia, and Sillamäe Society for Child Welfare; co-financed by Estonian National Foundation of Civil Society, Nordic Council, the city of Tallinn, and others.
Goals: To create a “Tallinn Declaration” articulating Action strategies to implement the UN75 Declaration and the SDGs:
- The UN75 Declaration goals of “strengthening the United Nations” & “meaningful engagement” with youth;
- To identify the main obstacles to achieving the SDGs – chiefly the colossal impact of the COVID-19 crisis, but also populism, authoritarian governments growing youth unemployment, and systemic over-consumption;
- To discuss different versions of the “Green New Deal” and draw from each the best ideas that offer practical solutions for smart city development, strengthened democracy and peaceful community and international relations;
- To identify and articulate concrete strategies to combat climate change, achieve sustainable economic growth, including sustainable tourism + increased resource efficiency.
- To identify effective strategies to achieve more ambitious NDCs (Nationally Determined Contributions) by all UN Member States ahead of the COP-26 in Glasgow;
- To develop “Citizens Priorities” for dealing with the Climate Emergency whatever governments agree – or fail to agree;
- Practical Strategies to create, monitor and enforce Digital Human Rights 2.0
- Practical Strategies to resolve the Climate Emergency
- Practical Strategies to achieve a Green New Deal / sustainable Economic Growth, Smart Cities and Full Employment
- Practical Strategies to secure greater international cooperation and build a stronger UN
REGISTRATION IS OPEN FROM 21st of June till 15th of August 2021
Please register yourself on web: https://conference.peacechild-estonia.org/registration/
During the conference participants will be able to hear inspiring keynote speakers, share knowledge and have some new experiences, meet and speak with inspiring colleagues, Government and Non-governmental organizations, Researchers and professionals from all over Europe, Explore the Civil Society and Culture of Estonia, see inspiring performances and art forms made/performed by young people. It’s a great opportunity to get to know each other, find a potential partner and design own local action program, and increase the Baltic+Nordic network by new members from across the regions of Nordic and Baltic Sea states. After the formal first two days, there will be an additional one informal, in which all participants will be able to present themselves, meet the other participants and try to find a partner, and develop local or regional initiatives and ale international (and interdisciplinary) art project for young practitioners.
Event Overview / Schedule Rationale: 4-day event, held from 22nd to 25th August as follows:
- Day ONE: Arrival of international and local participants + Official Opening Ceremony & Gala Dinner in Tallinn.
- Day TWO: Opening Plenary laying out the goals and themes of the meeting; Round Tables & Creative Workshops to share essential information about each of the Conference Themes and start developing implementation strategies;
- Day THREE: Continue Round Tables & Creative Workshops on key themes; and visits to key facilities, institutions and factories in Tallinn; Small Drafting group prepares first draft of Tallinn Declaration
- Day FOUR: Citizens’ Assembly considers draft of Tallinn Declaration and proposes / prioritises amendments; Final Plenary with performances from the Creative Workshops; Conference closing Ceremony, passes baton to High level Global Conversation 26-29th August in Narva, Estonia
Date and Place: 22nd August 2021 at 10.00 am in Tallinn, Estonia (Tallink Spa & Conference Hotell)
Participants: up to 120 participants (international participants and Estonian) including High guests from International institutions, Ministries, Embassies, Partners, Students, young amateurs, interested organizations, and Local NGOs leaders, Networks, and business representatives).
Conference official languages: Estonian, and English
More information: firstname.lastname@example.org, tel +372 55602993